Pre-Conference Workshop - Ivoclar Ivotion interactive
Feb 24, 2023 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Presenters: Dr. Frank Lauciello, DDS and Mr. William Barton, MBA, CDT, TE
Title: Taking the mystery out of digital dentures, using the Ivoclar Ivotion digital denture system
Transitioning from traditional dentures to digital dentures can be challenging for both clinician and technician, however, the multitude of advantages are compelling reasons to change. Most importantly the patient can experience options and advanced quality well beyond the ability of traditional processes. Join us as we pull back the curtain to explain and demonstrate workflows in practical and efficient terms which the clinician can immediately apply to their patients.
The Ivotion digital denture system by Ivoclar encompasses materials, workflows and subtractive/additive manufacturing processes. The Ivotion system provides the clinician a variety of workflows, many of which basically parallel traditional techniques and materials and therefore helps facilitate the transition to the removable digital process. This workshop will focus on two common complete denture digital workflows, the direct to try-in and the copy/reference denture. The initial clinical and laboratory procedures for each workflow will be sequentially presented from laboratory & IOS scanning (data acquisition) to manufacturing with emphasis on design. Clinical and technical step-by-step procedures will be coordinated with lectures and demonstrations
- Provide the participant with practical information regarding the transition from traditional complete denture workflows to digital workflows.
- Understanding the pros and cons of digital dentures from a clinical perspective
- A clear understanding of the clinical procedural options for each workflow including impression procedures, bite registration, and gathering of patient data.
- Participant will be familiar with the technical aspects of the design and manufacturing processes.
- Participants will have sufficient information and understanding of the pros and cons of the available material and manufacturing workflow options.