Poster Presentation Program - 72nd Annual Scientific Session
NEXT APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 30th, 2022
The American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics invites applications for Posters Presentations at its Annual Scientific Session, at the Chicago Marriott Hotel, Chicago, Illinois. The Poster Program will be held in conjunction with a reception at 5:00-7:00PM on Friday, February 24, 2023.
A limited number of applications (a maximum of 60 applications) may be accepted for presenting at the poster session. All presentations must be directly related to the clinical practice of fixed prosthodontics. Posters may include:
a) research presentations, provided they emphasize clinical aspects, problems, and applications;
b) clinical topics, including useful techniques and innovative concepts
The timelines for the competition are as follows:
- October 30, 2022 - Deadline for Abstract Submission
- November 15, 2022 - Applicants will be notified of acceptance or denial of the submitted abstract.
- February 15, 2023 - Deadline for Submission of full poster for judging - in PDF format.
- February 24, 2023 - The Posters Program will be held in conjunction with a reception at 5:00-7:00PM on Friday. Accepted applicants MUST print and present their poster during this session. For more information, please see “Guidelines for Presenters” section. Submitted posters will be available for viewing on the AAFP website.
Guidelines for Submission of Abstracts
- A maximum of two presenters are allowed for each Poster, but the other co-authors may be acknowledged as part of the presentation.
- All primary (first) presenters will receive the reduced rate of $165 for annual meeting registration. The primary presenters will receive a link for meeting registration from the Chair of the Committee upon acceptance of the poster to register at the reduced fee.
- All secondary presenters will register by their respective registration classification on the meeting registration page.
- Only one reduced registration fee per poster is accepted. No honorarium or reimbursement for travel or presentations or other expenses will be provided by the Academy.
Posters may be presented by:
- Academy members
- Non-members that are actively engaged in the clinical practice of fixed prosthodontics
- Predoctoral or postgraduate students
- Certified laboratory technicians
If you are not a member of AAFP
There is a 2-step process. You will need to set up a Guest User account before making the abstract submission. Click on the Link to set up a Guest User account. As part of the Guest User signup process, you will receive an email to confirm the Guest User account creation. The Guest User link expires after an hour, so you must click the link in the confirmation email within that time to complete the abstract submission form. Click on the "Continue" link on the confirmation screen to reach the abstract submission form.
Note for Guest User account: Remember your user name and password! You will use this same login information to access your abstract record and upload your poster image.
If you are already a member of AAFP
When you click the link to the submission form, you will be prompted to first log in.
Required information is labeled with “ * “ on the online application form.
Submit an Abstract (log in required for access)
How to Edit Abstracts and Upload Poster Images
Need to make an edit to your submission? Log in with the username and password for your account and return to the Posters page to re-visit your submitted abstract. You will see a link called "Your submissions". On the "Your Submissions" page, you will see a link to the abstract you submitted. Click on the title to view the submission. Scroll to the bottom and click "update this submission" to open editing of the submission. Scroll to the bottom of the form to find the "Browse" button to upload your poster image. Make any necessary changes to the form, and/or upload your poster image, and be sure to also click the red Submit button to complete the process.
Last day to make edits to your abstract is October 30, 2022.
Digital Poster Submission
- All presenters are required to submit a digital version of their poster by February 15, 2023.
- Use PowerPoint/Keynote and set the dimensions of your poster to 16:9 in landscape orientation. You can do this opening PowerPoint/Keynote, selecting “Design”, “Slide Size” and “Custom Slide Size”.
- The poster should include the following information:
- Title and Presenter/Author Names
- Introduction, Purpose/Aim, Materials and Methods, Results, Conclusions, and References
- Graphs, Charts or Photos that support the presentation
- The text should be concise and to the point, with key facts emphasized. Minimum suggested font size: 24 (20 for references)
- For embedded images, use .jpeg or .png file formats in a resolution of 72 or 96 dpi. Do not use animated effects, “animations” or videos; however, you may use QR code for a video or animation
- Before submitting, save your poster as a PDF file. All recent versions of PowerPoint/Keynote allow you to save your poster as a PDF or JPG file from the “File > Save as” menu or through the “File > Print > as .PDF or .JPG” option
- Follow the instructions above on how to edit your submission and upload your poster image.
Note: PDF format / size 16:9 ratio (landscape orientation) or JPG format at least 2000 pixels wide.
Guidelines for Presenters
A maximum of two presenters are allowed for each Poster, but the other co-authors may be acknowledged as part of the presentation.
The only format of presentation allowed is the poster presentation. A limited number of posters (maximum of 60) may be accepted for presenting at the poster session. Posters must be designed to accommodate the provided easels; no other means of support will be provided. Poster MUST be in horizontal format. Preferred dimensions are 36" (height) x 48" (width) or 30" (height) x 40" (width). Live patient treatment and laptop presentations are not allowed. All written material and illustrations should be designed so that they can be viewed and read from a distance of 5 feet or more.
Presenters have the option to have their posters printed at:
- Kinkos/FedEx store located inside the Marriott. Please contact the FedEx office at (312) 832-0090 for more information.
- Staples 111 N Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60602; (312) 641-1213
- FedEx Office Print and Ship Store 111 E Wacker Dr Suite Ll09, Chicago, IL 60601; (312) 938-0650
AAFP Posters Awards of Excellence
Posters applications will continue accepted by online submission of abstracts and everyone is eligible to apply. Those who desire consideration for the award will indicate their interest on their poster application form, by checking the Line in the application that refers to this award on the bottom of the online application form. One research award and one clinical award will be presented and the award recipient in each class will be recognized at the morning portion of the Saturday scientific session. Click here to review the selection process.
Online applications must be received by October 30. Applicants will be notified of acceptance or denial by November 15, 2022.