Instructions for Membership Renewal and Dues Payment for 2020-2021
Please note that due to the impact of COVID-19 pandemic, the dues renewal period has been extended and the following dates apply to the 2020-2021 dues renewal (please see Dr. Masri's letter for details):
Regular Membership Renewal: June 1st - November 1st
Late Payment of Dues (late fees waived): will be accepted through December 1st
Membership expires on December 1st with non-payment of dues. Renewals after December 1st will necessitate a petition for reinstatement approved by the Board of Directors. In light of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Board has waived the late fee and reinstatement fee for 2020-21.
Important Dates for regular dues renewal (does not apply to the 2020-2021 year)
After September 30: Membership is automatically suspended if dues are not paid:
- October 1 - October 31: Payment of the regular membership renewal fees in addition to late fee ($75)
After October 31: Reinstatement of suspended membership requires:
- A petition for reinstatement approved by the Board of Directors
- Payment of the regular membership renewal fees in addition to late fee ($75) and reinstatement fee ($175)
Please ensure your dues are paid promptly to avoid these fees.
Instructions for Dues Payment on the Website
To manage your dues via the website, the following steps are recommended.
1. Access the Academy website via www.fixedprosthodontics.org.
2. On the top menu, click "Member Services" or the Member Login button above.
This will present a screen with access for your login ID and password.
3. Enter your login and password.
4. In the body of the Member Home page you'll see a grey section containing your membership information and a red button. Click the "Renew Now" button.
5. You can only renew in the same membership category that you held in the previous year. If you need to change your membership category, please contact the Secretary PRIOR to renewing.
6.The following screen presents your membership category with appropriate fees. If it is correct, click the "NEXT" button. This is a good time to ensure your contact information is accurate and complete. There is a link in the blue area to visit your membership profile. Please note the presence of mandatory fields that, if left incomplete will prohibit further steps in the renewal process (i.e. first and last name, birth date (can be blank) & email address). Fields that are not mandatory may be left blank if you wish. Once the member profile information is complete, please click SUBMIT. Back on the Renew Membership page, click the NEXT button.
7. The following screen presents a shopping cart page containing your membership category with appropriate fees. Click CHECKOUT if correct.
8. The next screen shows your mailing address which is required by the credit card companies to validate the credit card. The address needs to match the one where your statements are mailed. Click the Update account/contact information link and edit the address if required. If the address is correct, click the "PAY NOW" button to proceed.
9. The next screen is NOT on the AAFP website but is serviced by Authorize.net, our secure transaction gateway provider. Your address information should be carried over to this page, confirm the accuracy of your billing information and select your payment method. Click the "PAY NOW" button.
The following screen will offer a statement of thanks, closing the interaction. You may print this page as your receipt. Please refer to the "My Account" portion of your member profile on the AAFP website to keep track of your payments and invoices.
If you return to the Member Services page, you should note that your membership expiry date has been updated to next year.
10. Should you have difficulty with the process please contact:
Fax 1-828-412-3931 for secure data