71st Annual Scientific Session Early Registration (Oct 1 - Feb 1)
February 24 - 26, 2022
"Predictable Outcomes in Prosthodontic Treatment"
Program Chairs Dr. Duane Douglas & Dr. Damian Lee
AAFP Health & Safety Policy
The health and safety of attendees is our top priority. As the COVID-19 situation continues to change, our health and safety policy may evolve to meet current conditions. We will be providing updates via email. As more large meetings and events are held nationally, AAFP continues to learn and adapt best practices to our Scientific Session. As an evidence-based organization, we also will continue to follow the science.
Here’s what you need to know:
1. Vaccination or Negative Tests Required: All face-to-face attendees, including dentists, dental teams, guests, exhibitors, vendors, and AAFP Staff must be fully vaccinated or submit negative COVID-19 test results to obtain their credentials and access to our meeting.
Each individual vaccinated registrant must present proof of vaccination prior to checking in and receiving their credentials in Chicago.
2. Testing: ALL UNVACCINATED attendees must receive a negative COVID test within 48 hours prior to arrival and check in at Registration to receive their credentials. “At home” tests will not be accepted. Approved tests include either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT).
Examples of available and acceptable NAATs for SARS-CoV-2 include but are not restricted to reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP), transcription-mediated amplification (TMA), nicking enzyme amplification reaction (NEAR), and helicase-dependent amplification (HDA). You may elect to be tested at a nearby testing facility like Walgreens or CVS provided one of the above test types is utilized.
If you are vaccinated but have not or cannot provide verification proof you will follow the unvaccinated protocols within this section.
3. Enhanced sanitation: AAFP will work with venue partners to ensure a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the Marriott.
Increased hand sanitization stations will be provided throughout the event.
The Marriott will have many safety measures in place that align with best practices. Your Academy will be actively involved in developing and implementing these measures.
4. Mask requirements: Based on the current requirements by the State of Illinois, both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals must wear masks in all indoor public places. Masks will be required during all AAFP functions regardless of location. Masks may only be removed briefly when actively eating or drinking. Masks will be available should a guest forget theirs.
We will continue to monitor science-based recommendations set forth by the CDC and the State of Illinois. You can also visit Chicago.gov to read what the city and the State of Illinois is requiring as of 9/21/2021.
AAFP reserves the right to update this plan, as necessary, in accordance with science and federal, state, local, and Marriott guidelines.
Health & Safety FAQ’s
Why is the AAFP requiring vaccination verification or negative tests for our annual scientific session attendees?
- Simply to provide a safe environment for all face-to-face attendees at our annual session based on available evidence. COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective and reduce the likelihood of serious illness. AAFP encourages everyone to get vaccinated.
- As an alternative to providing proof of vaccination, the AAFP will accept a negative test as previously stipulated to protect attendees of the meeting.
Will my vaccination or testing information be shared by the AAFP?
- The answer is no. The AAFP is voluntarily receiving vaccination or testing results from attendees themselves, for the sole purpose of making our February meeting as safe as possible for all.
Who will be required to verify vaccination status or regular negative tests for the AAFP Annual Scientific Session?
All face-to-face attendees, including dentists, dental team, guests, exhibitors, vendors, and AAFP Staff.
What if I’ve had COVID-19 and have natural immunity?
- Based on available science, this does not satisfy either requirement for our attendees, vaccination verification or regular negative tests. If you have not been fully vaccinated, you must follow the testing protocols for unvaccinated attendees.
What if I have medical condition(s) or religious beliefs that do not allow for COVID-19 vaccination?
- If you have not been fully vaccinated, you must follow the testing protocols for unvaccinated attendees regardless of the reason(s).
What if I received my vaccination in another country?
- If you received your vaccination in another country, please bring a government-issued photo ID and your official vaccination card. Our Registration team will verify the details in person.
Please book your hotel room at the Marriott on Michigan Avenue, the official hotel of the American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics. We have a block of rooms blocked at a reduced rate for our attendees. Click below to make your reservation:
If you are not booking at the Marriott, please let us know why so that we can improve our service.