Avoiding implant challenges by harnessing perio-prosthetic principles - Dr. Bobby Birdi
Time: 2:15 PM, February 25, 2023
Implant therapy has become mainstream in all of our practices. Executing complex implant therapy with long-term success requires the need for knowledge in both surgical and prosthetic modalities. This presentation will address key points to address and understand when undertaking complex implant treatment, with specific emphasis on perio-prosthetic synergistic principles. Avoiding long-term implant complications is the key to continued implant success. We must begin with the end in mind, but also understand what we must look for when beginning, completing, and maintaining our implant reconstructions.
• Understanding implant positioning and treatment planning in the anterior zone
• Understanding the benefits and limitations of immediate implant placement
• Learning the benefits of sequencing, and timing of implant restoration
• Assessing the gingival architecture and biotype prior to implant therapy
• Understanding the benefits of blood biologics in implant therapy & grafting