Optimizing Efficiency, Productivity and Outcomes in Implant Dentistry
Time: 8:15 AM, February 23, 2024
Speaker: Dr. Nicholas Egbert
Synopsis: According to reports on patient satisfaction, over 25% of esthetic zone implants are failures by year 5 (Levin, L. et al). Conventional extractions, bone grafting and delayed implant placement and restoration may result in decreased case acceptance, patient satisfaction, increased risk of clinical complications and ultimately sub-optimal functional and esthetic results. Immediate esthetic zone implant placement is an alternative to such conventional procedures that increases patient acceptance and satisfaction by optimizing esthetics while reducing treatment time and complications. Modern site-specific dental implant designs and more conservative surgical and restorative techniques have increased predictability of such treatment.
1. Understand optimal treatment planning, presentation, coding and billing.
2. Properly diagnose hard and soft tissues and suitable patients for accelerated esthetic zone therapy.
3. Properly diagnose hard and soft tissues and suitable patients for immediate esthetic zone therapy.
4. Understand proper atraumatic extraction techniques.
5. Understand and demonstrate proper implant osteotomy, placement, grafting and custom healing abutment and immediate screw-retained provisional techniques.
6. Understand optimal impression techniques and restorative steps.
7. Understand optimal maintenance procedures.