Applications & Submissions
Before clicking on the link above, please read the following details regarding the poster program.
Poster Presentation Program - 73nd Annual Scientific Session
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 30th, 2023
The American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics invites applications for Posters Presentations at its Annual Scientific Session, at the Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile, Chicago, Illinois. The Poster Program will be held in conjunction with a reception 5:00-7:00PM on Friday, February 23, 2024.
A limited number of applications (a maximum of 60 applications) may be accepted for presenting at the poster session. All presentations must be directly related to the clinical practice of fixed prosthodontics. Posters may include:
- research presentations, provided they emphasize clinical aspects, problems, and applications;
- clinical topics, including useful techniques and innovative concepts
The timelines for the competition are as follows:
- October 30, 2023 - Deadline for Abstract Submission
- November 15, 2023 - Applicants will be notified of acceptance or denial of the submitted abstract.
- February 8, 2024 - Deadline for Submission of full poster for judging - in JPG format.
- February 23, 2024 - The Posters Program will be held in conjunction with a reception 5:00-7:00PM on Friday. Accepted applicants MUST print and present their poster during this session. For more information, please see “Guidelines for Presenters” section. Submitted posters will be available for viewing on the AAFP website.
Guidelines for Abstracts
Please view this document for detailed instructions on forming a proper abstract.
Guidelines for Submission of Abstracts
- A maximum of two presenters are allowed for each Poster, but the other co-authors may be acknowledged as part of the presentation.
- All primary presenters will receive the reduced rate of $200 for annual meeting registration. The primary presenters will receive a link for meeting registration from the Chair of the Committee upon acceptance of the poster to register at the reduced fee.
- All secondary presenters will register by their respective registration classification on the meeting registration page (available on Oct. 1 2023).
- Only one reduced registration fee per poster is accepted. No honorarium or reimbursement for travel or presentations or other expenses will be provided by the Academy.
Posters may be presented by:
- Academy members
- Non-members that are actively engaged in the clinical practice of fixed prosthodontics
- Predoctoral or postgraduate students
- Certified laboratory technicians
If you are not a member of AAFP
There is a 2-step process. You will need to set up a Guest User account before making the abstract submission. Click on the Link to set up a Guest User account. As part of the Guest User signup process, you will receive an email to confirm the Guest User account creation. The Guest User link expires after an hour, so you must click the link in the confirmation email within that time to complete the abstract submission form. Click on the "Continue" link on the confirmation screen to reach the abstract submission form.
If you are already a member of AAFP
When you click the link to the submission form, you will be prompted to first log in.
Required information is labeled with “ * “ on the online application form.
Submit an Abstract (log in required for access)
How to Edit Abstracts and Upload Poster Images
How to edit submitted abstract
Need to make an edit to your submission? Log in with the username and password for your account and find the "Your submissions" link. Clicking this link will allow you to re-visit your submitted abstract. Click on the title of your abstract to view the submission. Scroll to the bottom and click "update this submission" to open editing of the submission.
Last day to make edits to your abstract is October 30, 2023.
How to upload poster digitally
Scroll to the bottom of the form to find the "Browse" button to upload your poster image. Make any necessary changes to the form, and/or upload your poster image, and be sure to also click the red Submit button to complete the process. Once the Poster Committee Chair and the Webmaster confirm the quality of the digital poster as acceptable, it will be posted in the Posters page. The digital poster submission must follow the guidelines below.
Digital Poster Submission
- All presenters are required to submit a digital version of their poster by February 8, 2024.
- Use PowerPoint/Keynote and set the dimensions of your poster to 16:9 in landscape orientation. You can do this opening PowerPoint/Keynote, selecting “Design”, “Slide Size” and “Custom Slide Size”.
- Please follow the format below:
- Title and Presenter/Author Names
- Introduction, Purpose/Aim, Materials and Methods, Results, Conclusions, and References
- Graphs, Charts or Photos that support the presentation
- The text should be concise and to the point, with key facts emphasized. Minimum suggested font size: 24 (20 for references)
- For embedded images inside the poster, use .jpeg or .png file formats in a resolution of 72 or 96 dpi. Do not use animated effects, “animations” or videos; however, you may use QR code for a video or animation
- Before submitting, save your poster as a JPG file. All recent versions of PowerPoint/Keynote allow you to save your poster as a JPG file (File > Export as).
- Follow the instructions above on how to edit your submission and upload your poster image.
- JPG format should be at least 2000 pixels wide.
Guidelines for Presenters
A maximum of two presenters are allowed for each poster, but the other co-authors may be acknowledged as part of the presentation.
The only format of presentation allowed is the poster presentation. A limited number of posters (maximum of 60) may be accepted for presenting at the poster session. Posters must be designed to accommodate the provided easels and boards; no other means of support will be provided. Poster MUST be in horizontal format and 30" (height) x 40" (width) in dimension. Live patient treatment and laptop presentations are not allowed. All written material and illustrations should be designed so that they can be viewed and read from a distance of 5 feet or more.
Presenters have the option to have their posters printed at:
- Kinkos/FedEx store located inside the Marriott. Please contact the FedEx office at (312) 832-0090 for more information.
- Staples 111 N Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL 60602; (312) 641-1213
- FedEx Office Print and Ship Store 111 E Wacker Dr Suite Ll09, Chicago, IL 60601; (312) 938-0650
AAFP Posters Awards of Excellence
One research award and one clinical award will be presented. The recipient in each category will be recognized during the morning portion of the Saturday scientific session. Applicants who desire consideration for the award must indicate their interest in the application form that refers to this award (at the bottom of the online application form). Click here to review the selection process.
Thank you to all the applicants for your interest and time. We appreciate your efforts and will be in touch soon.
Dr. Patchanee Rungruanganunt, AAFP Poster Presentation Committee Chair
Department of Reconstructive Sciences
UConn School of Dental Medicine
263 Farmington Avenue
Farmington, CT 06030
No posters have been assigned to groups.