Membership Application Instructions
Deadline for application is January 1 of each year.
Nomination is initiated by two Academy members who are well acquainted with the candidate and will serve as sponsors.
The new member candidate must:
- Complete and sign the Membership Application form
- Forward the application, to their Academy sponsors
- Complete payment of fees and registration for the Annual Scientific Session at which his/her nomination will be considered.
- Appear for an interview with the Credentials Committee, scheduled on the Thursday immediately preceding the Annual Scientific Session
The Academy member sponsors will:
- Affirm that the candidate is deserving of nomination
- Verify that the application is complete, including all required fees
- Sign and return the application to the Academy Secretary by January 1 prior to the meeting at which the candidate's nomination will be considered to the address below:
Dr. Stephen Rosenstiel
Office of the Secretary
The American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics
6661 Merwin Road
Columbus, Oh 43235
Tel +1 614 761-1927
Fax +1 614 292-9422
- Submit a letter of support for the candidate with the application (primary sponsor only)
- Appear before the Credentials Committee on behalf of the candidate, if requested
- Completed and typewritten application form
- A copy of the receipt for Application fee (non-refundable) this include the meeting registration. This must be paid online.
- Sponsors' letter of support evaluating the candidate's credentials
Completed application must be received by the Academy Secretary by January 1 prior to the Annual Scientific Session at which the candidate's nomination will be considered.
The candidate's application will be acted on by the:
- Credentials Committee
- Board of Directors
- General membership of the Academy
The new member will be recognized before the general membership during the Friday Luncheon at the Annual Scientific Session.