AAFP 68th Annual Scientific Session
Thursday, 2/21 Pre-Meeting Workshop; Friday & Saturday, 2/22-2/23, Scientific Session: 7:00 AM Feb 21 - 5:00 PM Feb 23, 2019
The 2019 AAFP scientific program focuses on innovations and advances in the realm of fixed prosthodontics.
The scientific program is replete with world-renowned speakers presenting on topics of their expertise. Concepts and techniques presented intends to enhance the clinician’s knowledge and understanding of complex and various topics related to fixed prosthodontics. The emphasis on continually expanding concepts in fixed prosthodontics will update the attendee as well as allow application of these concepts in clinical practice.
Hands-on workshop (Sponsored by 3Shape and Whip Mix)
Morning Session, Thursday, February 21, 2019: February 21, 2019, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Afternoon Session, Thursday, February 21, 2019: February 21, 2019, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Registration only available with main meeting registration to members, guest doctors, and life members.
Workshop Title: From Intra-Oral Scan to Completed 3D Printed Surgical Guide
Workshop Synopsis: As the fabrication options change for the Dental Practitioner, it is important to understand digital components and workflow. Learn the step process from Intra-oral scan to 3D printing of a Surgical Guide in this Hands-on Course.
COURSE INSTRUCTORS: The 3Shape and Whip Mix Technical Teams
- Digital Workflow
- Intraoral Scanning with TRIOS
- Model Builder Conversion
- 3D design with 3Shape Design Software
- 3D Print Manufacturing with ASIGA Max Printer
- Post Processing of printed parts
At the end of this Course:
- Understand the work flow from scan to manufacturing.
- Learn how to effectively scan intra-orally with the TRIOS 3D Scanner.
- Be able to manage the intra-oral scan transfer into the model builder.
- Learn how to navigate and design a single site surgical guide.
- Learn how to send the design to a manufacturing file.
- Learn how to send an STL file to the ASIGA 3D printer software.
- Know how to print on an open source 3D printer.
- Understand the curing and post-processing of 3D resins.
Continuing Education Credit
Click here to reserve your room at the Chicago Marriott Downtown Hotel
540 North Michigan Ave
Chicago, IL 60611
Thursday, Feb 21, 2019: Members' Business Meeting, New Member Interviews, Hands-on Workshop sponsored by 3Shape and Whip Mix
Friday & Saturday, Feb. 22-23, 2019: Scientific Session
Treasurer and Secretary for Guests
87 Forest Road
Asheville, NC 28803
Toll Free (866) 254-0280
Fax (866) 890-5657