AAFP 68th Annual Scientific Session and Hands-on Pre-Meeting Workshop
Hands-on workshop (Sponsored by 3Shape and Whip Mix)
Morning Session, Thursday, February 21, 2019: February 21, 2019, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Afternoon Session, Thursday, February 21, 2019: February 21, 2019, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Registration only available with main meeting registration to members, guest doctors, and life members.
Workshop Title: From Intra-Oral Scan to Completed 3D Printed Surgical Guide
Workshop Synopsis: As the fabrication options change for the Dental Practitioner, it is important to understand digital components and workflow. Learn the step process from Intra-oral scan to 3D printing of a Surgical Guide in this Hands-on Course.
COURSE INSTRUCTORS: The 3Shape and Whip Mix Technical Teams
- Digital Workflow
- Intraoral Scanning with TRIOS
- Model Builder Conversion
- 3D design with 3Shape Design Software
- 3D Print Manufacturing with ASIGA Max Printer
- Post Processing of printed parts
At the end of this Course:
- Understand the work flow from scan to manufacturing.
- Learn how to effectively scan intra-orally with the TRIOS 3D Scanner.
- Be able to manage the intra-oral scan transfer into the model builder.
- Learn how to navigate and design a single site surgical guide.
- Learn how to send the design to a manufacturing file.
- Learn how to send an STL file to the ASIGA 3D printer software.
- Know how to print on an open source 3D printer.
- Understand the curing and post-processing of 3D resins.
Continuing Education Credit
Tel (866) 254-0280
Fax (866) 890-5657
The Academy thanks the following 2018 meeting sponsors:
| Gold Level Sponsor
| Silver Level Sponsor
|Silver Level Sponsor
Bronze Level Sponsor